Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Something


I'm going back to Phoenix for sure, at least for the time being. I have no idea what awaits me there, but all I can hope for is this: something beautiful.

I recently stumbled upon this song and I just feel it really connects with where I'm at in my heart of hearts right now. The lyric that sends chills up my spine without fail is, "I just want something beautiful to touch me, I know I am in reach, because I am down on my knees, waiting for something beautiful." I feel like I've been waiting for something beautiful for a while now. God is calling it out, drawing me into it, against the turmoil and uncertainty I know in my heart of hearts that something truly beautiful is awaiting right around the corner. It's just seeing around those corners that trips me out.

For the first time in a few years I feel like there is a glimmer of hope, like the world is opening up for me, that I can take the mess of this life that I'm in currently, turn it, change it and truly make it into something beautiful.

No comments: