Saturday, December 11, 2010

Idiosyncrasies

I'm watching Good Will Hunting right now and I think that one of my favorite parts of the movie is when Will and Sean are starting to talk. Sean starts talking about his wife's little quirks. He makes the point that no one is perfect, the question is, are you perfect for each other? I think that this is so beautiful, so true. We all have these little quirks, cracks in our "acceptable" selves but love is being able to be all of who we are with that person, being broken and human and allowing them to be the same with us in return. What an incredible idea, love is love is love, despite the imperfections, in fact, because of the imperfections. The little idiosyncrasies, Sean notes, were the things that he loved and remembered the most about his wife because they are what made her his. What an incredible idea. I want to love and be loved because of the idiosyncrasies.

No comments: