"I would rather be here, with her, in this moment,
than anywhere else in the universe" -Rob Bell
As much as I may have had a taste of this feeling that Rob is talking about on Wednesday, last night I got a full dose of it and it's left me walking on cloud nine today. Last night that lovely lady that has captivated me came by my place and made rum balls with me. The entire night was on-and-off flirting. Gazing into her eyes, listening to the sound of her voice, just being in her presence made last night incredible. We talked about our worries and anxieties, we re-affirmed each other and continued to push forward in this delicate dance of discovering the love we may both have been waiting for. I told her plainly, "You are like a lily among the thorns to me." She told me she appreciated how gentle, patient and caring I've been towards her. She even said to me, "I am so thankful for how patient you've been towards someone who is just not ready yet." The conversation danced between the silly and pointless to the serious and intimate. Towards the end of the night I turned away from her and put my head on her shoulder and she laid her head on my own and I began to softly stroke her arm. It was silent aside from the gentle sound of running water from my coffee table decor, there was just so much peace and joy deep within my soul and I never wanted it to end. I told her, "Ashley, I'd rather be here, with you, at this moment than anywhere else." She nuzzled into me and I asked if that was too forward which she responded with a shake of her head. She asked me, "Is it unfair that my heart isn't free yet?" to which I responded, "No, because I'll keep pursuing you until you know what's happening." The most intense thing she asked me that night was, "What if your future wife doesn't understand your soul like Melissa or Shannon or Dana?" To which I responded, "It wouldn't matter, in fact, I think there's a beauty to her not completely understanding my soul, because that leaves room for us to fall in love with each other more and more each day." I never wanted it to end, I wanted to just stay suspended in that moment, and my heart has really come to realize how deeply I love her. I just want to be here, with her, rather than anywhere else in the universe.
than anywhere else in the universe" -Rob Bell
As much as I may have had a taste of this feeling that Rob is talking about on Wednesday, last night I got a full dose of it and it's left me walking on cloud nine today. Last night that lovely lady that has captivated me came by my place and made rum balls with me. The entire night was on-and-off flirting. Gazing into her eyes, listening to the sound of her voice, just being in her presence made last night incredible. We talked about our worries and anxieties, we re-affirmed each other and continued to push forward in this delicate dance of discovering the love we may both have been waiting for. I told her plainly, "You are like a lily among the thorns to me." She told me she appreciated how gentle, patient and caring I've been towards her. She even said to me, "I am so thankful for how patient you've been towards someone who is just not ready yet." The conversation danced between the silly and pointless to the serious and intimate. Towards the end of the night I turned away from her and put my head on her shoulder and she laid her head on my own and I began to softly stroke her arm. It was silent aside from the gentle sound of running water from my coffee table decor, there was just so much peace and joy deep within my soul and I never wanted it to end. I told her, "Ashley, I'd rather be here, with you, at this moment than anywhere else." She nuzzled into me and I asked if that was too forward which she responded with a shake of her head. She asked me, "Is it unfair that my heart isn't free yet?" to which I responded, "No, because I'll keep pursuing you until you know what's happening." The most intense thing she asked me that night was, "What if your future wife doesn't understand your soul like Melissa or Shannon or Dana?" To which I responded, "It wouldn't matter, in fact, I think there's a beauty to her not completely understanding my soul, because that leaves room for us to fall in love with each other more and more each day." I never wanted it to end, I wanted to just stay suspended in that moment, and my heart has really come to realize how deeply I love her. I just want to be here, with her, rather than anywhere else in the universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment