Thursday, November 4, 2010

Misguided

It's all for You
It's all for You
I'm letting go
I'm letting go

Things had been going so well! Our first date was phenomenal, we were both excited for a second date, then out of nowhere it seems I get the good old reliable talk. The inescapable, undeniable and down-right unavoidable, "I think this can't work, we can only be friends." Where does this stuff come from? Why do I continually put myself out there for these women only to have my heart trampled upon and shoved back into my face? I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I've discerned my vocation incorrectly, maybe my mother was right, maybe I can't "fight the will of God" and I should just give up on this whole dating thing and join the priesthood. I'm so sick, so tired of all of this.

There must be something wrong with me, that is the only explanation. That is the only conclusion that I can draw from all of these mishaps and my fouled up love life, or lack thereof. I suppose that it is only right for the Church that I give up my desires for a wife and children, that I deny that part of who I am and just take up my cross, suffer it out, and become a priest.

That seems to be all that is left.

I'm letting go.

No comments: