"There is an appointed time for everything,
and a time for every affair under the heavens." -Ecclesiastes 3:1
Time is such an interesting thing. It is everywhere, we cannot escape it. I've been pondering for a little while the difference between Chronos and Kairos, the two different types of perception of time. Chronos is that perception of waiting in line, or waiting for a boring class to end. Kairos, on the other hand, is sacred time. It's when two lovers spend time together and lose track of the time, it's when you're in adoration and the time that seemed only like minutes turns out to be hours. This fundamental difference in perception of time intrigues me. Kairos is such an amazing experience. There is an appointed time for everything, and I think what brings about the appointed times of Kairos is love.
The love of God encapsulates everything that is good. I think when we really drink that love in and let it consume us, that's what the essence of Kairos is. Those times that we are so blissfully unaware of anyone or anything that surround us when we're simply caught up in the presence of God is Kairos, and I think, a little foretaste of Heaven. God gives us these times because, honestly, we need them. He uses time to reach us, form us, make us holy, and the "appointed time" for Kairos is an important part of that. God, let me get lost in Kairos with You more and more every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment