Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valium

Valium is used to treat anxiety and to control agitation caused by withdrawal. A couple of years ago, I got my heart handed back to me in an incredibly painful experience that took me a long while to get over. Part of the way I processed through was by listening to the song, "Stall Out" by Mute Math. The chorus of the song just really struck me where I was at:

I keep stalling out
I just can't keep up
There's alarming doubt
Am I good enough?
But you keep coming around
To convince me it's still far from over

I'm at a place right now where I'm completely and utterly amazed by how God can bring someone so low and then lift them up almost instantaneously. My heart has been shoved back into my face once again and it tore me to pieces, it left me shattered and broken, for a little while. Then, God totally gave me the grace to just grab ahold of Him, and cling to Him, and seek His face alone, and it's been a fantastic experience. He keeps coming around, and convinces me it's still far from over. A year after I had my heart broken in college, I finally got to a point where I was okay, that I was able to really be myself again, and it was around that time that I heard Mute Math's "Valium." Some of the lyrics go:

I won't concern myself
Any longer, any longer,
On how to recover
From a stall out, from a stall out

It was the second piece of the puzzle for me. It was only after I realized that I shouldn't concern myself with how to recover from the stall out and just simply accept what God had done that I was able to regain my peace, and my trust. He's done that in a record amount of time with me now, and I'm so grateful for it all! I don't need to concern myself with how to "recover" from the stall out, I just need to accept it, thank God and praise Him because even though I don't know what all He has in store, He does, and He wants what is best for me!

No comments: