Why is it that things that are meant to be so simple turn out to be the most difficult thing? I'm in the process of applying to be an RA and tonight I got really anxious and nervous. This position is important for me, not only to further my education, but because I truly want to do it. Then there are all these options for what I could do this summer. I could do Totus Tuus in Denver or Des Moines, I could get an internship with Juniper Gardens in Kansas City, I could be the summer RA here on campus and work in town, or I could do an internship in North Carolina with Chris Faddis. All of these different things are possibilities and I find myself thinking about them constantly. Sometimes It's hard to trust. More often than not I find myself trying to tackle all these things on my own, but I can't.
Jesus says in John 15:5, "Without me you can do nothing." What this essentially comes back to is that I need to just put all of my trust in the Lord with all this stuff and trust that He will give me what is ultimately best for me. I need to come to rely on Him for everything and not simply the small, irritable things that annoy me. My entire being needs to be able to draw all that it is from the hands of our Loving Savior. Trust is what will lead me through all of these upcoming decisions and stresses. I need to make the conscious decision to lay it all down at the foot of the Lord and leave it to them. Father Jack always used to drill into us this phrase, "Father, I don't understand You, but I trust You." That needs to be my prayers, because it's in that abounding trust that God does His best work.
No comments:
Post a Comment