And I'm trying to make you sing,
From inside where you believe,
Like it's something that you need,
Like it means everything,
And I'm trying to make you feel,
That this is for real,
That life is happening,
And it means everything,
I'm just trying to make you sing,
Tonight, I listened to this song by David Crowder for the first time since I listened through the whole album in high school. At the time I last heard the song, I thought, "This is such a pointless song." Tonight though, something in it just hit me, and made a huge impact.
The whole premise is about the idea of this lark, the lark that is rising and pulling all of us with him. Christ is the ultimate lark, He is the one Who is pulling us up with Him, even though "the ground is pulling at our feet." If you think about a lark, they're not very big, they're not necessarily impressive looking, but their songs can lift the very soul of anyone who listens. It is fitting therefore that Christ is the lark, the song of His love is enough to lift anyone who listens to it. Yet, this song is not a solo, it's meant to be a duet. Just as Christ is the lark, we too are called to be larks, we're to be pulled up and raised up and sing beautifully in harmony with the song of Christ.
He's singing out to us, He's pouring out His love unreservedly. He's "trying to make you sing." We sing as Christians, we walk the walk, sometimes, and we may even talk the talk, but does it come from inside? When the rubber hits the road, and things are crappy and the whole world seems to be crumbling around us, do we sing the duet of trust and love that God, our Divine Lark, is calling us to sing with Him? Does it come from inside where you truly believe, where it's something that the soul needs. Every single moment is real, just stop and think about that, it's real. How many moments do we let pass by without a second thought, without feeling and understanding that it is real. Life is happening, God is singing out to us, trying to lift us from this ground that "pulls at our feet" and bring us into His Glory. This is real, this is happening now, and guess what? IT MEANS EVERYTHING.
No comments:
Post a Comment