Everything is broken
Everything is broken
Everything is breaking down, breaking down
Everything is bleeding
Everything is bleeding
Everything is breaking down, breaking down
I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians
Watching for my sky to get torn apart
We are broken, we are bitter
We're the problem, we're the politicians
Watching for our sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me
Entropy and Aching
Where have we been aiming?
Everything is fading out, fading out
We are the faded, splitted, and sedated
Everything is fading out, fading out
I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians
Watching for my sky to get torn apart
We are broken, we are bitter
We're the problem, we're the politicians
Watching for our sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me
C'mon and break me
I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, without politicians,
politicians, politicians..
I am broken, I am bitter
I'm the problem, I'm the politician
Watching for my sky to get torn apart
C'mon and break me
(come on and break me)
Today, Barack Hussein Obama won the presidential election and became the 44th president of the United States. As many in the nation are screaming and dancing and rejoicing and exclaiming Obama as some type of "savior" I can't help but feel as if something is horribly awry. CNN has referred to him as "savior" and "the Jesus of the democratic party" and I can't help but feel as if something is going terribly wrong, equating any politician with names like that is simply asking for trouble. People are enthralled, "look how far we've come! The nation's first black president!" or "He'll save us in our economic crisis!" whatever. Jesus says in the gospel, "Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour when the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. You also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come." -Luke 12:39-40 As the nation is caught up in the Obama virus, there's a part of me that's saying, "watch out, we never know when His return is." I pledge allegiance to a country without borders, I'm just a visitor here. And so, as our nation heads on a course which I am sure time and history will forever regret, I'm watching and waiting for my sky to get torn apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment