"Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10
God is God and I am not. Sometimes I feel like I spread myself so think that I have this sense of having to do everything. Sometimes, I feel like Atlas from Greek mythology He holds the weight of the world on his shoulders and never rests, it's unceasing. Mark Hart keeps a small statue of Atlas in his office and he explained to me once, "I keep Atlas in here as a reminder that I cannot carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, and it's okay because I don't have to, Jesus already did." Be still and know that He is God. It is so important to do that every once in a while. There is so much about God that we can get lost in. This summer I remember talking a lot about the God-shaped hole. The idea that each one of us has this hole, this void that can only be filled by God. Sometimes it's important to just sit, stop worrying, stop planning, stop over-analyzing, and just let God fill that hole, just realize that God is God and I am not. There are just times that I do just need to sit down, shut up and drink in the beauty of who God is. It is necessary for us to be still and silent in order for His love to overtake us, and drown us in the intensity of this love. God is God and I am not, I don't have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders because, Christ already did that.
No comments:
Post a Comment