Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grasp

"For I am the Lord, your God, who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" -Isaiah 41:13

Lately, my heart has been hurting, I don't really know why, and I don't really know an adequate way to describe it. It just hurts it's almost as if there's this longing that isn't being fulfilled, this emptiness. I was in adoration tonight and I tried to express my heart to God, but I couldn't find a way to adequately express it all, and then it occurred to me, I don't have to express my heart to Him, He already knows. He knows why it is that I'm in this funk, and He loves me regardless. I opened the scriptures and stumbled across this verse, and it really resonated with me for some reason. There's something to be said for grasping somebody's hand. I remember growing up going to the store with my dad, and I was for the most part a very well-behaved child but every once in a while I would wander off from my dad. When I would notice that I was separated from my father, panic overcame me and nothing was okay until he came and grabbed my hand. My heart is kinda like that. I'm in a panic and I don't know why or where my Father is, and nothing will be alright until He grasps my hand. God needs to grab ahold of my hand now, because I don't know what's going on anymore. 

No comments: