Thursday, August 14, 2008

Until

Let's just take our time
There's nothing else to do
What better way to spend the night
Than wasting it with you
The moon has won the war
The daylight waits to end
Stay here by my side
We'll watch the struggle start again

I need you now and forever
So stay right here with me
Don't ever leave
Love was kept from me like a secret
And I swore that I was through
Until you, until you

The city settles down
I watch you as you sleep
There's a silent celebration for
Every breath you breathe
Now this all makes sense
With you as company
I left all I knew and found
A better part of me, yeah


The time it took to find you
I would
Wait again my baby
The feelings that
I feel with you now, yeah


until you until you until you

This song is so good, I feel inadequate writing about how much it has really hit me and touched my heart, yet, I still need to do it. If there is anything at all that I'm firmly convinced of, it is this: God is doing something in me for this upcoming year. I don't know what, but I know something is coming.

I'd like to consider this a small confession: I am ready to just go on dates. I've planned so many things out and thought of so many ways to try and ask with charm for someone to go on a date. Then there's the ever-present idea of who exactly to ask on these dates, and so far, I really and truly don't know who... there are a couple girls that I find my mind drifting off to daydream about all the time it seems. This song by Dave Barnes just really captures a simple, moving love song. I mean, imagine all that comes along with this song... it's like a marriage proposal.

I can't wait until I fall madly in love with that one person who God has set aside for me and just... bask in it. Honestly, sometimes it does feel like love has been kept from me like a secret, and the more I think about it, the more that I think love is supposed to be a secret in some aspects. A relationship with another person is like a secret, it's only shared with the two involved, and it's very intimate, it's like, no one else in the world can or should be a part of that secret. There's something that's intangible, inexpressible even, in each and every good, working relationship. I was at Jay's office last Monday for an hour and a half, and at one point his wife called him and he asked me to leave the room so he could talk to her, and honestly, I had no problem doing that, at all. There's this secret in Jason and Yevonne's relationship that no one should or probably could be privy to, some people may call it chemistry, but, I would prefer to think of it as the secret of love. Each of us has a secret, and that secret can only be shared with one person, and really, only one person would be able to understand and fully appreciate the secret of our love. I cannot wait until the day that I find the person that I can just look into her eyes and get lost there. I cannot wait until I find the girl that I'll find it hard to be apart from her, I cannot wait until I find the girl that compliments my soul and understands the depths of the secret of my love. Until that day comes though, all I can do is wait and be patient.

No comments: