Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Won't



I promise that this post has nothing to do with valentine's day coming up. I came across this song a little over a month ago, and I was immediately drawn to it. I think Jason Mraz, when he keeps things appropriate, has this way of being able to speak to the soul. Some of the things that this song really hits on just clicks deep within my very being. 

Maybe I'm being selfish, I'll admit it. The thing is though that there is this deep aching, this yearning to have someone specifically for me to love, and to love me the same way. I want to have a woman that I can just stop and be entranced by her gaze, someone to hold, someone to take my breath away, someone to lift me up and, ultimately, someone worth fighting for.

I know that this song seems to be more towards being interpreted as a relationship on rocks, wanting to be fought for, but I think it points to an even deeper reality within the masculine soul. There is a big part of my heart that just wants someone to be able to fight, indeed, to die for if possible. I quite simply want someone to be able to offer myself up for, to lay down my heart for someone that no matter what, I won't give up on. Someday, maybe someday.

No comments: