Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tonight

This past week has been bizarre. I've been home alone at the McGown's, which I am so thankful for, but it was still quite strange to just be living at their house and not having any of them here. Today I just had this resounding desire to be at home, I don't know why, but it weighed heavy on my heart all day. I think in part it was spurned on by talking with Stacy last night on the drive to O'Malley's. Talking with her and reminiscing about my time in Life Teen at St. Tim's just did something to me. I don't know, it's weird.

I bought the Black Eyed Peas song, "I Gotta Feeling" and the bridge just goes, "I got a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night, that tonight's going to be a good good night." That's all that it says and like it just sunk in with me and resonated with something that Billie Sue had told me a couple years ago. She told me one afternoon, "Well, we can't change everything around us, but we can change our perceptions of everything around us." This song by the Black Eyed Peas, aside from the materialistic side of it, kind of brushes on this idea. I need to change my perception of everything to make things seem lighter for me.

No comments: